header

header

Thursday 27 June 2013

A Small Getaway

Hello Everyone!

My family and I all went on a short holiday on the weekend. It was a nice little escape while it lasted!

We went away as it was my uncles birthday on Saturday and he wanted to go away for his birthday so he suggested that my family, his family and our grandparents all go away to celebrate his 50th. We went to Brunswick Heads in New South Wales. We stayed at a camping site that had cabins and so we stayed in one for two nights along with our grandparents that took their caravan away and stayed in that whilst my uncles family stayed in their own cabin.

We stayed in cabin number 5 which was named 'Starfish'. The view was amazing, our cabin was right on the rivers edge, the river sparkled all day and all night long. 
As it is June and soon to be July so that means that it's winter and it's freezing so it was track pants, jumpers, socks and hot cups of tea all round!

Photo }

I took some snaps of the scenery and I'll put them in, Sorry for the crap-ola iPhone shots because I still don't have a good camera *sigh*
This was the first morning we got there. It was freezing! So, a cup of tea snap on the balcony it was!





The tide went down later that day, it went down so fast and so low! You could literally walk in the middle of the river.

Unfortunately the colour of the water was a yucky brown colour at low tide but at high tide the next day it was a lovely clear blue but silly pre-occupied me forgot to take a picture (i know, i know, kudos Sam)


Because i had my iPhone, I decided to take a couple of Panorama shots of the bridge as we walked a long it.

  
Don't mind the back of my sister as we were walking along the bridge.




On the last night we stayed there, my cousin, sister and I all went for a walk to the mouth of the river to watch the sunset, it was lovely. There were a lot of people there but it was still really peaceful and calming to breathe in the salty air.


So, there it is, the holiday we went on for the weekend.
In my opinion it was really cold but worth it. It was literally the longest time I've spent out of the house in a while (oops). It was really great to spend time with my family as we haven't done anything like that in a while. Anyways, that's it from me!

Thanks for reading,

Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment